Exciting news! Ringo Starr is set to release his new album, Ringo 2012, stateside on january 31st, with an international release on January 30th! The upcoming album marks his 17th solo studio record, and his second on Hip-O/Ume. More details, including tracklisting below!
Produced by Ringo, the album was recorded in LA and mixed in England by Ringo and Bruce Sugar, featuring 9 songs. Of the album’s 9 tracks, two are covers- “Think It Over,” and “Rock Island Line,” while two are new versions of his own songs, “Wings” and “Step Lightly.”
Ringo 1012 Tracklisting:
- Anthem (Richard Starkey/Glen Ballard)
- Wings (Richard Starkey/Vince Poncia)
- Think It Over (Buddy Holly/Norman Perry)
- Samba (Richard Starkey/Van Dyke Parks)
- Rock Island Line (Arrangement by Richard Starkey)
- Step Lightly (Richard Starkey)
- Wonderful (Richard Starkey/Gary Nicholson)
- In Liverpool (Richard Starkey/Dave Stewart)
- Slow Down (Richard Starkey/Joe Walsh)
Joining Ringo in the studio for Ringo 2012 were musicians (in alphabetical order): Michael Bradford, Ann Marie Calhoun, Matt Cartsonis, Steve Dudas, Charlie Haden, Amy Keys, Kelly Moneymaker, Richard Page, Van Dyke Parks, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Dave Stewart, Bruce Sugar, Benmont Tench, Joe Walsh, Don Was, Edgar Winter.
Ringo 2012 will be released digitally, as well as on CD and vinyl. To stay up to date on all the latest news and info, be sure to check out Ringo’s official website HERE!