It’s the video that peeps are talking about…the Us Weekly magazine video of the Michael Jackson Pepsi commercial accident that happened back in 1984.
The video of Michael Jackson’s 1984 Pepsi commercial shows the King of Pop’s hair catching fire from exploding fireworks.
The accident happened on the sixth take of the TV spot, which was held at the LA Shine Auditorium. The fireworks seem to go off way too soon and light Jackson’s hair upon his head on fire! The crazy thing about the whole ordeal was that Michael seems to not realize what is happening to him until some people rush to the stage to put out the flames.
This moment is said to be the turning point and the start of Jackson’s drug use, mainly painkillers.