As they prepare for their U.S. arena tour this fall, which kicks off October 10 at the Comcast Arena in Everett, WA, the Smashing Pumpkins new single “Panopticon” has just hit the radio. The standout track is from the band’s acclaimed album Oceania, which caught the attention of critics following its release.
Take a listen to “Panopticon” below and, of course, we’ve got tour dates!
Listen to “Panopticon” HERE.
You can also listen as singer/guitarist Billy Corgan talks about the song’s origins with Music Radar HERE.
The U.S. leg of the Oceania worldwide tour includes stops in Los Angeles October 14, Chicago October 19 and NYC on October 31, wrapping up in Connecticut on November 4. The band will perform Oceania in full for the first part of their arena shows, followed by classics and deep cuts from their body of work.
The Smashing Pumpkins will be backed by visuals prepared by Sean Evans, whose most recent project was assisting the legendary Roger Waters on the newest staging of “The Wall.” The band will be using new technology in video-mapping to create a new, unique experience.
Smashing Pumpkins U.S. Fall Arena Tour Dates:
- 10/10 Everett, WA Comcast Arena
- 10/12 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
- 10/13 San Diego, CA Viejas
- 10/14 Los Angeles, CA Gibson
- 10/16 Denver,CO 1stBank Center
- 10/18 St Louis, MO Chaifetz Arena
- 10/19 Chicago, IL Allstate
- 10/20 St Paul, MN Roy Wilkins Auditorium
- 10/23 Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
- 10/27 Boston, MA Agganis
- 10/31 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Arena
- 11/2 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center
- 11/3 Fairfax, VA Patriot Center
- 11/4 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun